Thursday, January 21, 2010

Secret Soup Recipe

Ever since the craziness of Christmas, I haven't had the time to post any recipes.   I did try a couple of new recipes out last week that were really fun to make.  I even took pictures of  them to post, but after tasting the food decided that it wasn't as tasty or worth sharing. 

So I still don't have a recipe to share, but I do have a soup secret weapon to share.   I recently discovered McCormick Chicken Base.   The closest thing I can think to compare it to is chicken stock.  It is not overly salty and it's MSG free.   I use it for everything.  Its what I add to all my soups and it adds just the right amount of flavoring, but not too salty.  Every soup recipe I've added it to has turned out fabulous.   Usually no other salt is needed.   I'll even add a little to my rice to enhance the flavor. 

You can purchase it in the spice isle of your local grocery store (I've even found a large container of it at Business Costco) and then once opened, store in the refrigerator.

No comments: