Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chicken Picatta

I'm trying to spend 1 hour a day organizing my life:  photos, FASD notes, kids clothing, kids toys, address info, and of course, recipes.  The benefit is I'm tossing useless stuff (or stuff less-used) and discovering wonderful things that had been hidden in my piles of stuff.

This recipe was one of those treasures. I used to make this frequently, then miss-piled it. Yuuuummm, I'm so glad I sorted it out. You will be too when you discover how simply delightfully fresh it is.

I was given this recipe a long time ago by a dear friend, Judy M. I've updated a few things to my liking and am happy to share this with new friends.



Gather up these few ingredients, put on some rice or pasta, toss a salad, and you'll have a 30-minute meal your family will request again.

Prep time:  about 15 minutes
Cook time:  10-15 minutes
Serves:    4 adults easily

Ingredients
1 egg
3 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup flour (or rice flour)
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup butter
2 tsp chicken bouillon base
½ cup boiling water
4 chicken breast, skinned, boned, flattened

Directions:
  • Beat egg with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and place in pie pan.
  • Combine flour, paprika and garlic in another pie pan.
  • Dip flatten chicken breast in egg mixture, then in flour mixture.
  • Heat skillet, then brown chicken in butter until light brown on both sides. 
  • Dissolve bouillon base in water, add remaining 2 T's of lemon juice to skillet. 
  • Cover and simmer about 5-7 minutes on low to medium heat.


No comments: