Here's what I made for teacher gifts this year....
Aren't these too fun and fresh! I picked up the idea from my friend Inger, who got it from Bakerella, who picked it up from a friend...after all, there really is nothing new on the internet...nothing new under the sun.
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- ¾ cup m&ms, or less to make it fit
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or less to make it fit
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓-½ cup chopped pecans or less to make it fit
Start with a 1 quart smooth Ball jar. Layer the ingredients like this:
- First: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Second: oats
- Third: m n m's
- Fourth: chocolate chips
- Fifth: brown sugar
- Sixth: white sugar
- Seventh: chopped pecans
Below is what the gift tag says.... Bakerella has some cute PDF's you can download if you go to her website
Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add:
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
- Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.