Monday, December 21, 2009

Never-Fail Super-Moist Chocolate Cake

A mom recipe...how can you go wrong?    Note:   Do NOT use a mixer, hand mix only.  It will NOT turn out using a mixer.   Don't ask me how I know this, just believe me!

Mix together:
     3 cups flour
     2 cups sugar
     4 Tbsp cocoa
     2 tsp soda   
     A good dash of salt



Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add:
      2 eggs
      2 cups buttermilk  (*See note below for all of us that don't keep buttermilk on hand)
      2 tsp vanilla
      3/4 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together well -
Bake 350    30-35 minutes

(*Buttermilk exchange-  If you don't have this on hand, pour 2 tsp of lemon juice into regular milk and let sit for 10 minutes...works just as well.  Will work with rice milk, too.)


This recipe is what I used for birthday cake pictured below that I made for our Christmas party.   I used this frosting recipe.   All got rave reviews from the crowd eating it.

No comments: