Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Avocado Salsa Dip

I got this recipe from my sister and have made it many times.    It didn't come with a name so we  named it ourselves and called it Tomatoless Salsa Dip.   My sister doesn't like tomatoes (how weird is that), but they are one of my favorites and I had a box of cherry tomatoes in my fridge I was looking to use up, so I added it to this recipe tonight.   But then that ruined the whole Tomatoless thing, so I've renamed again as Avocado Salsa Dip.   If you aren't a tomato lover either, please feel free to leave them out and join the weird Don't Like Tomatoes Club.


I made Taco Salad for dinner tonight and we dumped the Avocado Salsa Dip on top of the salad and it made for a really nice addition to the salad.   ~Denise

Avocado Salsa Dip

Combine these ingredients:
1 can sliced olives
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/2 onion, chopped fine
1/2 red pepper, chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon garlic

Combine these ingredients for marinate:

4 Tb olive oil
2 Tb lemon juice
2 Tb balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Add marinate to salsa dip.   Let set in fridge for at least 1 hour.

Add one chopped avocado before serving.   Don't forget this.   Avocado is what makes this dip and can't tell you the countless times I have forgotten! 

Recipe easily doubles.  Feel free to add more or less of each ingredient depending upon your own personal likes/dislikes.   Use as a dip with chips or top your favorite taco! 

1 comment:

Darcy said...

so when you take a recipe from your sister it is for good reason-DON'T ADD TOMATO!- the original recipe truely didn't call for tomato but I am sure for tomato lovers it is tastey but the point was NO TOMATO :)

Also I haven't tried it with balsamic vinegar-only white or rice.....

And my name for it is "Yummy Chip Dip"