Monday, May 3, 2010

Davy Crockett bars revisited

I'm blogging in response to a post that Denise made in February with a recipe for these incredible Davy Crockett bars

If you haven't made them yet, now is a great time to try them. I improvised her recipe a bit by cleaning out my pantry of those almost-empty-not-quite-sure-why-I'm-saving-them items, and dumped them into an already great recipe.  Then I took the resulting ingredient list to my sons preschool class and spent a morning baking with them. I pre-measured the items so everyone had a chance to add and stir. So fun and so easy! Happy kids. Happy teachers. Happy me!
Unfortunately, I also took my pocket-sized Olympus camera with me and I'm NEVER happy with the photos it takes, but I also don't mind if the kids take photos with it (ie: it's cheap).


Now it's your turn...happy Monday!   ~Laurie

No comments: