Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crockpot Power Soup

I've renamed this meal Power Soup. I think it is from lentils or the sweet potatoes, I don't know, way too many healthy power foods in this meal to tell. I personally think lentils are a little gross looking, and they sound entirely WAY too healthy, but my family loved this meal, even the 9 month old. I picked out the potatoes, carrots, and a couple of straggling lentils for him, pureed them all up and he gobbled down the whole cup, then he slept that night for 9 1/2 hours until 5:45am! I feel like a new mommy! The first night I've slept that long in I can't even remember! I think he'll be getting this every night, except everyone had seconds and there aren't any leftovers. Now if it only would have caused my older two children to listen, not get in disagreements, and go to bed without me telling... but then I would have had to rename the soup Miracle Soup instead.




Crockpot Lentil and Sausage Soup
a.k.a Power Soup



1 cup lentils
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, cut in chunks
2 Italian chicken sausage, cut into wheels
2 handfuls baby carrots
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup red wine (I used white, cuz it was all I had)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for at least 6 hours.

No comments: