Sunday, September 20, 2009

Turkey Noodle Soup


Fall is in the air which is the start of my favorite, easy, fast, one-pot way to cook: SouP!!! I threw this recipe together today and it got rave reviews from all of the family. Everyone ate at least one bowl. I browned the meat up, then threw all of the ingredients in the crockpot on high before leaving this morning. When we got home early afternoon, I added the pasta while some bread was warming in the oven, and it made for a super, easy, healthy lunch.


TURKEY NOODLE SOUP


1# ground turkey
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 sweet potatoes, skinned and cut in chunks
32 oz chicken broth (I like the box containers, but have used bullion cubes before and it works)
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic, diced
Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 cup noodles (I used farfalle)
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the turkey in a skillet. I added a little seasoning (salt and garlic salt) to the meat. Place meat, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic, lemon juice, seasoning and noodles in large stock pot (or crockpot) and cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are soft and noodles are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: