Monday, September 28, 2009

Pot Sticker - Spinach Soup


I feel like Rachael Ray today, cuz this meal I was able to get ready in 30 minutes or less. The longest thing to make was the rice, so make sure you start that first, unless you completely omit the rice altogether, which is fine to do. It just makes the soup a little more filling, especially for those young tummy's, they hardly knew they were eating spinach! Another reason I like this recipe (besides being healthy and fast) is it is another way to use up spinach, especially if you go all out crazy and get the Costco bag of spinach. The hot chili oil must really help, because I've never added that before nor do I have it in stock, so we all added a little soy sauce instead. On the side I also heated up some ready made spring rolls from Trader Joe's....sorry if you don't live near a TJ, that store just rocks!



Pot Sticker - Spinach Soup


2 14 1/2 oz. chicken broth (or 1-32oz box)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 fresh green or red jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (this was the first time I actually bought one and did this...normally I leave it out entirely or I'll open a small can of green chili's found in the Mexican food section of the grocery store, and put in about 1/2 the jar)
16-18 frozen pork or chicken pot stickers
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach or 1/3 cup frozen
Hot chili oil (optional...I've never used it before)

In medium saucepan, simmer chicken broth with garlic and jalapeno over low heat for 5 minutes. Add frozen pot stickers and simmer additional 5 minutes. Add spinach and simmer until wilted, but still bright green. Serve over rice.

No comments: