Prep time 25 minutes
Cook time 3-5 hours
1 ½ lbs. flank steak (I used petite sirloin b/c I had it in the freezer)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 sliced green onions
1 t dried minced onion
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup cooking sherry
½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 t sesame oil
1 t molasses
1 t ginger
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 t red chili pepper flakes (I omitted for my family)
½ tablespoon peanut butter
3 T brown sugar
- Slice your meat in thin strips and toss in a Ziploc bag with 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- Add all of the liquid and dried spices to your crockpot, and the peanut butter, and mix well. Add the garlic and three of the sliced green onions.
- Put your meat on top, and toss softly so you don't rub off the cornstarch.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Thin sliced steak will cook quickly.
- Check after 3 hours to see if the meat is done. Mine cooked in 3 1/2 hours on low. Turn yours off when meat has reached desired tenderness.
- This feeds 2 adults and 2 small children easily, with a small serving leftover for lunch.
- There's not extra sauce, so you may want to double the sauce if your family like it over rice.